March 9, 2012

FOOD SKETCH #27: Asian Scrambled Eggs

Eggs, lightly scrambled, with soy sauce, scallions, sesame oil and sliced grape tomatoes.

TO MAKE: I thinly slice one garlic clove and sauté it in sesame oil. I add a handful of grape tomatoes that have been sliced in half, and heat both for a little bit before cracking a few eggs into the pan. I lightly scramble the eggs with a rubber spatula, and then add thinly sliced scallions, a small drizzle of soy sauce and a pinch of salt. This egg scramble is good with a lightly toasted slice of shoku pan (you can buy a loaf at any Asian bakery, like Takahachi Bakery, Paris Baguette, or Cafe Zaiya, etc).

By the way, some of my breakfast illustrations are featured over on Simply Breakfast, along with a Q&A.

2 comments:

  1. I just found your blog on the simply breakfast blog. Keep up the awesome work!

    I started a food + illustration project in January too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love your food sketches - would love to see them as a memory game or book for kids and adults alike! luv that you included a recipe for the eggs cuz that's exactly what i was hoping for when i saw the image! :)

    ReplyDelete